A downloadable game for Windows, macOS, and Android
You are a lone adventurer in a strange, non-Euclidean world. Gather as much treasure as you can before the nasty monsters get you. Explore several different worlds, each with its own unique treasures, enemies, and terrain obstacles. Your quest is to find the legendary treasure, the Orbs of Yendor. Collect one of them to win! Or just ignore your quest and collect smaller treasures.
The twist is the unique, unusual geometry of the world: it is one of just few games which takes place on the hyperbolic plane. Witness a grid composed of hexagons and heptagons, straight lines which seem to be parallel, but then they diverge and never cross, triangles whose angles add up to less than 180 degrees, how extremely unlikely is it to reach the same place twice, and how the world seems to be rotated when you do return. All this matters for the gameplay. The game is inspired by the roguelike genre (although in a very minimalist way), works of M. C. Escher, and by puzzle games such as Deadly Rooms of Death.
See the HyperRogue Gallery for high quality pictures of all the lands and special modes in HyperRogue. Each land comes with unique theme, mechanics, graphics, terrain features, native monsters, treasure type, and magical Orb power!
* download a free version for free
* for $2.49+ you can download HyperRogue Gold for Android
* for $2.99 you can download the paid version of HyperRogue -- at the moment it is the same, but sometimes it may include extra features (in the past the paid version was updated more frequently). Steam key provided on request: the Steam version adds online achievements, online leaderboards, Strange Challenge, trading cards, and convenience.
Changelogs for each patch are posted on the Steam forum thread: http://steamcommunity.com/app/342610/discussions/0...
The source code is available on github. It should be easy to compile in Linux.
|Updated||7 days ago|
|Platforms||Windows, macOS, Android|
|Tags||Endless, Experimental, Exploration, Math, non-eucledian, Procedural Generation, Roguelike, stepping-game, traditional-roguelike|
|License||GNU General Public License v2.0 (GPL)|
|Asset license||Creative Commons Attribution_ShareAlike v4.0 International|
|Average session||About a half-hour|
|Languages||Czech, English, Polish, Russian, Turkish|
|Inputs||Keyboard, Mouse, Joystick, Touchscreen|
|Player count||1 - 4|
|Links||Homepage, Community, Twitter|
Click download now to get access to the following files:
- HyperRogue 12.0: Dice, Curses, and VRJun 03, 2021
- HyperRogue 11.3: Frogs, Wetlands, and MixingMar 08, 2020
- HyperRogue 11.2: Thurston geometries (free update!)Sep 14, 2019
- HyperRogue 11.1 released!Jun 18, 2019
- HyperRogue 11.0 released!Jan 11, 2019
- All the non-Euclidean fun in HyperRogue 10.4 is now available for free!Jun 13, 2018